Welcome to the Historical Society of Rocky River, Ohio
Where our present soon becomes the past which shapes our future.
Rocky River, Ohio was founded in 1805 as a part of Rockport Township. In 1891, Rocky River became a hamlet and in 1903, it was incorporated as a village. Reincorporated in 1930, the village became a city.
The Historical Society is dedicated to preserving the history of this Cleveland suburb and we invite you to join us.
Stephanie Kramer, a 1966 graduate of Rocky River High School, has been performing in local theatre, musical and other creative ventures for over fifty years!
Thanks to a joint effort between Rocky River Historical Society and Cowan Pottery Museum Associates, a new Ohio historical marker was unveiled May 13 on the front lawn of the house that once served as a showroom for the Cowan Pottery Studio from 1913 to 1931.
Lost Grand Hotels Of Cleveland was presented by Michael DeAloia at the Rocky River Public Library. Book signing followed the presentation.